United Muslims Against Terror

UMAT. I belong to no sect. Just a Muslim. I'm sick of people killing in the name of my religion. I'm sick of being called a terrorist. I'm sick of expectations to condemn and apologize for the actions of terrorists. They don’t represent me. I not only condemn but strongly oppose murder, beating of women, racism, war, suppression of rights and freedoms, ill-treatment of minorities, and suppression of democracy. I will not apologize for what I haven't done, I will make a difference.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

'25,000 civilians' killed in Iraq

Nearly 25,000 civilians have died violently in Iraq since the US-led invasion in March 2003, a report says.

The dossier, based on media reports, says US-led forces were responsible for more than a third of the deaths.
The survey was carried out by the UK-based Iraq Body Count and Oxford Research Group - which includes academics and peace activists.
The Dossier on Civilian Casualties in Iraq 2003-2005 says 37% of all non-combatant deaths were caused by the US-led coalition. (9, 250 people)

"The ever-mounting Iraqi death toll is the forgotten cost of the decision to go to war in Iraq" :
John SlobodaReport author

From BBC...

For the full report on civilian casulaties, consult : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4692589.stm


Another reason war is no good...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home